Click Fraud Prevention Tips
Although search engines have mechanisms in place to slow down the influx of bad clicks to their advertisers, sometimes, invalid clicks may still occur. Because of this, we recommend actively preventing click fraud using third-party tools such as PPCSecure.
Some percentage of all ad vistors may be invalid; a combination of bots, comparison shoppers, and flat-out intentional attacks being perpetrated by your competitors. Here are some tips and tricks you can use to protect yourself:
- Think long and hard about which networks you want to advertise on. Some search networks, have lower levels of click fraud than display networks.
- Pay attention to your click through rates and look for traffic spikes. If you have an ad that suddently goes from 2.0% CTR to 23.5%, this could be a sign that fraud is occuring.
- Target your ads geographically. Some countries produce more problems than others. For instance, the U.S. may have a lower rate of problems than some eastern European countries.
- Watch your conversion rates. If you have a sales page that normally converts 5.0% of shoppers and suddenly those rates drop to 1.0% for the same amount of clicks, this could be a sign something is amiss.
- Get a program like PPCSecure so that you can detect and prevent click fraud. Sign up now for a free 14-day trial.
PPCSecure has the following benefits:
Start Your FREE 14-Day Trial
- Shows you the date, IP address, cookie ID, broswer, referrer, and keywords for each click to your ad
- Automatically blocks IP addresses
- Sends a daily report to your email inbox showing all clicks for the day
- Notifies you via text or email the moment suspiscious patterns are seen
- Installs in less than 5 minutes with no programming experience required
- Up to 25,000 clicks detected for only $29.97 per month